Students and parents are invited to dive into the college search process at the Philadelphia National College Fair, held on Sunday, October 30, 2016 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA at 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The event, sponsored by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and hosted by the Pennsylvania Association for College Admission Counseling (PACAC), is free and open to the public.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with over 400 admission representatives from public and private colleges and universities, including some international institutions. Both two- and four-year schools will be featured.
Participants will receive tips on how to navigate the college-selection process, and learn more about admission requirements, financial aid, course offerings and campus life
Free and open to the public, National College Fairs allow student to interact with admission representatives from a wide range of postsecondary institutions.
Quick Facts on the Fair:
- The Philadelphia National Fair is an event initiated by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- The fair is FREE and open to the public
- The Philadelphia National Fair has been offered for 43 years
- We are the second largest National fair in the country – (Minnesota is the first)
- Approximate number of colleges participating last year- slightly over 440 (including HBCUs and International)
- Average attendance for Philadelphia National Fair: 12,000
- Colleges use electronic scanners to collect student information. Students are encouraged but not required to register, print out or use their mobile phone to show a barcode that holds their contact and pertinent information.
- Materials: Newsletters and Posters already provided and mailed to high schools across the city. Also available in Spanish Mailed Early September 2016.
- Chair of the 2016 Philadelphia Fair Local Arrangements Committee: Candace Powell Kinard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Available PDF Copies
PDF copies, all of which can also be accessed on the website. Copies include:
- NCF Fair Newsletter in English and Spanish
- NCF Fair Posters in English and Spanish
- Press Release for the media
- Public Service Announcement for media
Volunteer Flyer Available
A Volunteer Flyer is available to announce opportunities to volunteer for or during the fair. We are particularly interested in volunteers for all general areas and qualified high school and middle school counselors for our Counseling Center. For more information, contact Candace Powell Kinard email@example.com
- Videos: Learn more about the fair by watching these videos. Promote the fair by sending the links to the videos to schools, students and families http://www.nacacnet.org/college-fairs/students-parents/resources/Pages/video.aspx
- Direct Students here to Register: https://www.gotomyncf.com select Fall 2016 Philadelphia
- Tips for Counselors: http://www.nacacnet.org/college-fairs/students-parents/counselors/Pages/default.aspx
College Fair Questions and Checklist: http://www.nacacnet.org/college-fairs/students-parents/Documents/CollegeFairChecklist.pdf