YOU ARE INVITED!
You are invited to hear and chime in on a discussion about the development and implementation of the “Fostering Independence Through Education Act“. Hear from designers of the legislation and program leaders of community and higher education who will give insight as to how the law may/will be actualized. The experts involved will be able to answer questions and hear thoughts/opinions.
Expert panelists include:
- Harold Brooks, Achieving Independence Center
- Ron Felder, PHEAA
- Michelle Lopez, Institute for Community Engagement and Civic Leadership (CCP)
- Maura McInerney, Education Law Center
- Nadia Mozaffar, Juvenile Law Center
- Sarah Wasch, Field Center for Children’s Policy (UPenn)
The meeting will be held at Community College of Philadelphia’s Center for Business and Industry (18th and Callowhill Sts).
RSVP your attendance to receive meeting details at http://bit.ly/pcpr-mtg-2_2020. Time for making announcements and networking will take place. If you plan to share any information via paper please bring enough copies for at 50 people.
Any questions and/or concerns should be forwarded to contact@collegepreproundtable.
Save the Dates: PCPR Meetings & Professional Developments
- 1/16/20: Online Pop Up Network Meeting
- 2/15/20: FAFSA Completion Community Service at the Free Library of Philadelphia (1901 Vine St)
- 2/20/20: “PA Foster Care and College Education” – Network Meeting
- 3/19/20: “Financing Higher Ed” Professional Development for the professional and advocate
- 4/16/20: “Closing the Communications Gap between College Access, Admissions, and Financial Aid” Professional Networking
- 5/21/20: “Student Poverty at the College Level” Professional Development
FASFA COMPLETION WORKSHOP
Where: The Free Library of Philadelphia
Field Teen Center, Room 25
1901 Vine Street, Phila., PA 19103
What is needed for filing the FAFSA:
- FSA ID (applicant and parent of dependent applicant)
- Social Security Card (bring copy or have a picture)
- Driver’s License Number
- 2018 Income Tax Records (applicant and parent of dependent applicant)
- Records of Untaxed
- Records of (Money) Assets
- List of Schools the Applicant Is Interested in Attending
When: February ’15, 2020 | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Questions and /or concerns call Itext 484-843-1753 or email – email@example.com
Topic – “Does College Access Matter in the College/University Admissions Process?”
When: Nov 21st, 9A – 11A
Where: Temple University’s Charles Library
Admission professionals from various colleges and universities from the Philadelphia region will engage in an open and frank discussion on whether “college access programs” and/or “college access preparation” plays a part in selecting their class for incoming classes.
“College Application Completion Day”
On November 7th, the Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable coordinated College Application Completion Day” at Murrell Dobbins Career and Technical Education High School. PCPR members and the following institutions either helped students complete applications, assisted with essay writing and/or complete FAFSA forms – Uncommon Individual Foundation, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, Arcadia University, Holy Family University, Manor College, University of the Arts, Rosemont College, Kean University, Temple University Klein College of Media & Communication, Malvern Preparatory School, Shippensburg University, Villanova University, PITC, Lincoln University, University of Pittsburgh, Temple University, Cheyney University, Saint Joseph University and College Fair Magazine.
In addition to PCPR members, support was garnered from the PA Association for College Admission Counseling and the PA Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.